VITEEE stands for Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination. VIT is recognised for its quality education combined with offering outstanding research and extracurricular activities. Eco-friendly campuses, cutting-edge infrastructure and innovative teaching, and learning practices have created an ambience for student-centred learning. VIT had been ranked among the top institutions of India nationally and globally. If you want to know the details of the VITEEE exam please go through this page.
Table of Contents
What is VITEEE?
Vellore Institute of Technology is deemed a University. VIT is known for its education which is on par with international standards. It has various MoU with many international universities which is beneficial for its students.
VIT has 4 campuses as follows :
- VIT Vellore
- VIT Chennai
- VIT AP (Vijayawada)
- VIT Bhopal
VIT offers a B.Tech course with various specialisations on its above campus. For taking admission to the VIT campus, candidates have to appear in the VITEEE exam. According to the ranking of the candidate in the exam, they can select the programme and campus of their choice during the counselling session. VITEEE is a computer-based test in which MCQ-type questions are asked.
At VIT there is no management quota so the only way to get admission to its campus is through VITEEE.
Central and State Board Toppers get the 100% Tuition Fees waiver for all 4 years.
VIT offers a B.Tech course in Aerospace Engineering, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science and Electronics.
VIT has various international programmes in the university one of them is International Transfer Program where a student can complete their first two years from VIT and the next two years at the partner University which is abroad. There is also a Semester Abroad Programme known as SAP in which students get the opportunity to complete their final semester from abroad university.
What are the programmes offered after the VITEEE exam success?
The various programmes which are available at its 4 campuses are as follows :
- B.Tech – Biotechnology
- B.Tech – Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech – Civil Engineering
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Information Security
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Internet of Things
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering and Business Systems(in collaboration with TCS)
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Data Science
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Block Chain Technology
- B.Tech – Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech – Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech – Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech – Electronics and Communication with specialisation in Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech – Information Technology
- B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech – Mechanical with specialisation in Automotive Engineering
- B.Tech – Mechanical with specialisation in Manufacturing Engineering
VITEEE Eligibility :
For appearing in the VITEEE exam a candidate should have passed a 10+2 or Higher Secondary examination or should have appeared in this exam in the current year.
Age should not be more than 22 years
For taking admission to VIT a candidate should have got 55% aggregate in the PCM/PCB group. If the candidate has opted for Physics, Chemistry and Biology then they can only be eligible for the following course
- B.Tech Bio-Engineering
- B.Tech Biotechnology
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Health informatics
How to Apply for the VITEEE exam?
Candidates have to visit on VITEEE admission website.
On the website, candidates have to register themself in the New user registration tab. For registration, users will require a valid e-mail address and active mobile number where they will get an OTP for verification.
Then, candidates have to fill out the online application form by entering all the necessary details. After filling in the details, an application number will be generated for further processing. Candidates have to pay the fee by an online method which is Rs 1250/-.
VITEEE Exam Syllabus
All the questions in the VITEEE exam are of MCQ type which is from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus.
There are five subjects in this exam as follows:
- English 5 questions
- Aptitude 10 questions
- Chemistry 35 questions
- Physics 35 questions
- Mathematics/Biology 40 questions
Candidates have to select one from mathematics and biology. The total number of questions in the exam is 125 and there is no negative marking. The time duration for solving the paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Questions on English subjects are designed in such a way as to test the comprehension ability of appearing candidates of a short passage or a poem. The question on English grammar and pronunciation is also asked and the level of such questions are of higher secondary and equivalent education.
In the Aptitude section the questions from Data Interpretation, Data sufficiency, Syllogism, Number series, coding and decoding, clocks, calendars and directions are asked. A candidate can prepare them from a good aptitude preparation book.
No, For taking admission to VIT you need a VITEEE score.
VIT select around 5000 candidates every year for its various B.Tech courses at its 4 campuses.
VIT offers an excellent placement opportunity. Many big companies and MNCs recruits qualified candidate every year.
Yes, compared to other engineering entrance exam VITEEE exam is quite easy also there is no negative marking in this exam, unlike others.
Around 2 lakh students appear for VITEEE exam every year.