Common University Entrance Test (CUET UG) is a Nationwide entrance test for Under Graduate courses at Central University. CUET UG has become one of the most important tests for candidates, as it opens the way to many renowned universities and institutes. We have collected the important details about this exam, if you want to know more, kindly go through this page.
What is CUET UG Exam?
It has been decided by the Ministry of Education to conduct a nationwide common entrance exam for admission to central university’s undergraduate courses, so they came up with CUET UG i.e Common University Entrance Test which is organised by National Testing Agency. This exam is held so that every student be it from a remote part of the country gets the equal opportunity of getting admission to their preferred university.
All the candidates who are interested in admission to the central university should appear in the CUET UG Exam. After the result, the National Testing Agency will give the All India Ranking to the student through which they can appear in the counselling session of their preferred central university for the undergraduate course. The courses offered by the university through this exam are B.Sc, B.A, B.Com, B.Agri, BBA, LLB etc.
Other Universities or Institutions may also use the CUET UG score for admission to their undergraduate course. Hence all the students who desire to study B.Sc, B.Com, B.A, B.Agri BBA, or LLB from these universities should prepare for this exam.
Central Universities Under CUET UG exam:
Following is the list of Central universities, State universities, Deemed universities and private universities in which candidates can appear in counselling sessions after getting a CUET UG score. Besides this other institutions may use the CUET UG score for taking admission to their Under Graduation course.
- ALIGARH MUSLIM UNIVERSITY
- BABASAHEB BHIMRAO AMBEDKAR UNIVERSITY
- BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY
- CENTRAL SANSKRIT UNIVERSITY
- CENTRAL TRIBAL UNIVERSITY OF ANDHRA PRADESH
- CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF ANDHRA PRADESH
- CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF GUJARAT
- CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF HARYANA
- CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF HIMACHAL PRADESH
- CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF JAMMU
- CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF JHARKHAND
- CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF KARNATAKA
- CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF KASHMIR
- CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF KERALA
- CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF ODISHA
- CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF RAJASTHAN
- CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH BIHAR
- CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF TAMIL NADU
- DR. HARISINGH GOUR VISHWAVIDYALAYA, SAGAR (M.P)
- GURU GHASIDAS VISHWAVIDYALAYA, BILAPUR
- HEMVATI NANDAN BAHUGUNA GARHWAL UNIVERSITY
- Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Amarkantak
- JAMIA MILLIA ISLAMIA
- JAWAHARLAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY
- MAHATMA GANDHI ANTARRASHTRIYA HINDI VISHWAVIDYALAYA, WARDHA
- MAHATMA GANDHI CENTRAL UNIVERSITY
- MANIPUR UNIVERSITY
- MAULANA AZAD NATIONAL URDU UNIVERSITY
- MIZORAM UNIVERSITY
- NAGALAND UNIVERSITY
- NATIONAL SANSKRIT UNIVERSITY, TIRUPATI
- NORTH-EASTERN HILL UNIVERSITY
- PONDICHERRY UNIVERSITY
- RAJIV GANDHI UNIVERSITY, ARUNACHAL PRADESH
- SHRI LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI NATIONAL SANSKRIT UNIVERSITY
- SIKKIM UNIVERSITY
- TEZPUR UNIVERSITY
- THE ENGLISH AND FOREIGN LANGUAGES UNIVERSITY, HYDERABAD
- TRIPURA UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF ALLAHABAD
- UNIVERSITY OF DELHI
- UNIVERSITY OF HYDERABAD
- VISVA-BHARATI UNIVERSITY
CUET UG Exam eligibility:
There is no age limit for candidates appearing in this exam. The only requirement is that candidate should have passed the class 12th or any equivalent examination or should have appeared in the current year.
However, the university may put up the criteria of age or percentage of mark in class 12th or equivalent exam so candidates are requested to check out these required criteria on the university website before appearing to the counselling session of that university.
How to apply CUET UG Exam :
Candidates have to submit an online application form on the CUET website. Remember only online no offline forms will be accepted.
While applying for the exam, candidates must fill up all the necessary details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, address, details of previously passed exams etc. while entering the name, ensure it should be matched with your documents. The candidate will also have to upload their scanned photograph and signature in a prescribed format.
The candidate will require an active email id and mobile number for verification.
Syllabus and Scheme of CUET UG Exam :
The CUET UG exam is a computer-based online mode exam. Questions are Multiple Choice Questions. Each question carries 5 marks, if candidates choose the right option then they will get 5 marks and if they choose the wrong answer then 1 mark will be deducted from the total marks.
This exam has 3 sections.
- Section I: This section is divided into 2 subsections Section IA and Section IB. Section IA has 13 languages subjects and Section IB has 20 languages subjects. From the list of languages, candidates have to select their language.
- Section II: In this section, there are 27 Domain-specific subjects. According to the undergraduate course, a candidate has to select their domain-specific subject.
- Section III: This section consists of a General Test in which 75 questions are asked and the candidate has to solve 60 questions. The questions are asked on the topic of General knowledge, Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning and Logical & Analytical Reasoning.
according to the course, the university decides which section they need for admission to that specific course. For example, if a candidate wants to join B.A.(Hons.) Journalism in JNU university then he/she will have to choose English from language + Any three subjects from Section II / Section III. Candidates are advised to check the needed section on the university website or they can also check this on the CUET website.
CUET UG is not that difficult compared to JEE or NEET exams. In CUET UG there are a lot of subjects from which candidates have to choose their subject for test according to the course, so they are required to have a basic knowledge of that subject
Candidates can prepare themself for this exam in two to three months but if they give more time for preparation then chances of getting admission to the best institution will increase.
Yes, NCERT Class 12th and 10th are enough for the basic preparation of exam.
Yes, one can easily crack CUET UG without coaching but for a good ranking, you should take coaching.
Yes, the CUET UG exam is an entrance exam for an undergraduate course.